Saturday, May 1, 2010

Possibles Pouch

I promised in my previous post that I will be showing you my possibles pouch. So here it is:




I carry my possibles pouch, together with my PSK, when I go hiking or biking on trails, when I'm out into the woods for a day or when I go for a long drive.

I googled for the definition of a possibles pouch and this is what I got: A “Possibles Pouch” is possibly, “Whatever you want to carry in it”. I don't know if that is an accurate definition or not, but its good enough for me. Therefore, these are what I want to carry in my possibles pouch.


From left to right:
1. Bic lighter
2. Petroleum jelly coated cotton balls
3. Magnesium and flint fire starter.
4. Compass
5. Heavy-duty garbage bags, safety pins, band-aids, rubber bands and duct tape.
6. SAK Hiker
7. LED flashlight
8. String

SAK Hiker.

I chose this knife because it has a long saw that is good for cutting small branches and the price is just right for me.

With these, I've about covered everything, except for the fishing kit which I wanted to make.
Fire: Bic lighter, magnesium and flint fire starter and the ferrocerium rod in my PSK.
Shelter: 2 heavy-duty garbage bags, 2 knives.
Food: Improvised fishing kit using safety pins and string.
Navigation and signaling: 2 compass, 1 whistle, 2 flashlights
First-Aid: Band-aid, duct tape.
Repair: Safety pins, duct tape.

Of course I carry other items such as water, food and extra clothing in my pack but in this post, I am focusing only on my possibles pouch and its contents. I know through time, what I carry in my possibles pouch may change.

That is very possible!

That's all folks! Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment