Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Wooden Spoon - Part II

When I woke up this morning I saw a tree branch lying on the ground. The previous night it was raining very hard and the branch could have broken off from the cottonwood tree in our backyard because of the strong wind. I remember I have a saw blade that needs a handle so I got the branch and cut a portion for the handle.

Since the branch was fresh, I also thought of making a spoon that I would use as a stirrer for my coffee. And tonight, while drinking coffee I made the spoon.


The materials and tools including a cup of strong coffee.


The wood is definitely softer than the one I used in my previous project.


The crooked knife for carving the face of the spoon.




After 1 hour and 30 minutes, the spoon is finished.




I am already tempted to use the spoon but it still needs sanding, and coating with olive oil to seal and protect the wood. Maybe now my coffee will even taste better.

That's all folk!. Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment