Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Personal Survival Kit

Hello everybody.

Since this blog is about survival, I think it is appropriate that my very first post would be about survival kit.

My PSK is the outcome of the many articles I have read and videos I have seen and of course is also highly influenced by factors such as where I live and where I usually go. This is the kit I always carry whenever I go to church, mall, park, work, almost anywhere even around the house. I do have a bigger kit though when I go traveling, hiking or camping but this is the very basic kit that I carry.


1. Whistle with compass, thermometer and magnifying glass
2. House keys
3. Ferrocerium rod
4. LED light
5. Knife
6. Container for petroleum jelly coated cotton balls.

Firemaking:

The knife serves as scraper for the ferrocerium rod and for opening boxes and letters. The red tube is a cigar container that I cut to 3" length and contains 5-6 compressed petroleum jelly coated cotton balls.

Light, signaling, and navigation:

The LED flashlight is a company giveaway, the whistle with compass, thermometer and small magnifying lens is from Walmart for $4.


This kit cost $10 more or less.

That's all folks! Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment