Monday, June 6, 2011

Berries

Last summer I noticed a lot of birds in a shaded area of our backyard. Robins, house finches are hopping and pecking at a bushy part under the hedges. I came down to investigate and found wild strawberries to be the object of the bird's excitement. So this summer when I saw a group of birds in that area, I knew that the wild strawberries are flourishing.


These wild strawberries taste sweet. Its diameter is about the size of a dime.



Aside from that, birds where darting in and out of the hedges. I thought maybe the birds are finding a lot insects in the hedges but when I look closely - there are berries there too - although a different kind.


I tried to look it up in the Internet but I can't identify these black berries. I hope one of the readers can help me on this.



That's all folks! Thanks for reading.

1 comment: