Monday, June 27, 2011

Storm

A storm hit Chicago area and Northern Suburbs after 7:00 pm of June 22, 2011 which downed trees and knocked out power lines. It also caused 250 flight cancellations at O'hare International Airport.


Branches of trees are scattered along the streets in our neighborhood. Luckily, only one or two branches fell from the big tree in our backyard.


The branch that broke off from the cottonwood tree. Good material for a wooden spoon.


I cut off a piece of the branch and split it with my Mora Clipper.




I shaped the spoon with the Mora Clipper and did fine detail with Mora 120.


The Mora 120 was so sharp. I wasn't careful and I cut myself - it's good it was just a small knick.




Carving the face with the crooked knife.


The finished product. Wooden spoon with my folding cup.

That's all folks! Thanks for reading.

2 comments: