Sunday, January 2, 2011

Starting 'Em Young

When I was in grade school, I fashioned knives out of popcycle sticks. I made wooden folders, automatic knives using rubber bands to pop open the blade. Sometimes, I pounded nail and wires to make miniature knives too, with sheaths made out of pieces of bamboo tied together with jute twine.

So I was delighted when I learned that my friend's son, Luis Gabriel Toledo is into making knives too, and decided to feature his craft in my blog. Here are some of Luigi's works.


Miniature English broad sword and Japanese katana.


Knives made out of wood nails - railroad nails next.


3" blade with handle and sheath made out of twisty.


Looks like Arabian inspired blade.


Tanto tipped blade with tribal influence.

That's all folks! Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment