Thursday, August 12, 2010

Water Container

Whenever I go biking or hiking I always see to it that I have enough water. Most of the time I carry about 1.5 liter of water for a 10 mile bike.


I carry 1 liter water bottle in my backpack.


And 1/2 liter water bottle in my bike.

I cannot overstress the importance of drinking water during strenous activities because of the danger of dehydration. Dehydration can occur when the amount of water leaving the body is greater than the amount of water being taken in. Dehydration when left untreated can result in heat stroke and that is a more deadly situation.

So always carry sufficient water. You don't have to buy expensive and fancy bottle containers, you can make one. Here's how.


Materials: bottle carrier, duct tape, plastic bottle (any size you want).


Remove the label from the bottle.


Wrap 2 layers of duct tape around the bottle to make it stronger.


Then attach a water bottle carrier that can be purchased from Walmart. If you do not have a bottle carrier you can improvise by tying a cord on the neck bottle with a loop for attachment to your belt.

That's all folks! Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment