Friday, April 4, 2014

Everyday Used Knife

Some of you might be wondering what an EDU knife is. On the other hand, I bet most of you know what an EDC knife is. Well, according to a post by Woodsroamer, an EDC knife is a knife you carry everyday but is seldom used while an EDU knife is a knife you carry every day and gets used all day long. In other words, an EDU knife is your utility knife.

I myself carry 2 knives to work, a Swiss Army Classic SD in a key chain and a modified Kershaw Select Fire. I use the Classic SD for small cutting task or when people around me might be freaked out by a bigger knife. Otherwise, the Select Fire sees action most of the time at work.


I removed the serrations on the Kershaw Select Fire knife and cut off its pointed blade tip. The blade now resemble a wharncliffe profile which make it suitable for opening boxes. The Kershaw Select Fire also has a bit driver and 4 standard bits stored in the handle.

The mod on the blade and the bit driver and bits included make this knife a very useful tool in my workplace. An EDU knife indeed.

That's all folks! Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment