Monday, December 3, 2012

BUCKLITE Knife 422 Folding Lockback

Recently, I have been participating in auctions for used knives at eBay and this is the first one I won.


This is the photo posted on eBay and the seller described it as "with rust spots on the blade" as you can see above.


Well, it turned out that it was gunk after all and not rusts. After cleaning the blade with oil, it was as good as new.


7.25" OAL, 3" blade, 2.6 oz. wt., not sure if blade is 440 or 420HC. It looks like Buck Ranger 112 but very much lighter.

I have been feeling uneasy carrying fixed blade knives when I go on a short hike on forest preserves. I think it's much easier to justify carrying a folder instead of a fixed blade just in case you get accosted by law enforcement officer. That's highly improbable to happen but who knows? As Murphy's law states "Anything that can go wrong will go wrong." Better be safe than sorry, so for now I would carry a folder instead of a fixed blade on short hikes.

That's all folks! Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment