Monday, June 28, 2010

Machete Sheath

My 12" machete came with a carboard sheath and after a while it began to disintegrate so I ordered a canvass sheath online and you know what? They sent me the 14" sheath instead. I called the company and informed them about the mistake. They don't carry the 12" sheath anymore and luckily I got a refund.

So I decided to make a sheath myself out of a thick carton box and duck tape.




I cut the carton about 17" in lenght to accomodate the 12" blade plus 1" allowance and 4" for the belt loop.


I inserted the machete on the sheath to test if it fits.


Then wrap a duct tape around the sheath.


I folded the belt loop and tied a rubber band to hold it in place.


The rubber band does not only hold the fold in the belt loop but it also keep the blade in the sheath by friction. I would tack some staples in the sheath and belt loop as soon as I have my gun tacker working.

Simple but functional.

Thats all folks! Thanks for reading.

2 comments:

  1. What other materials can be used as a sheath that are more weatherproof? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi riccaliolio. You can use PVC pipes for a sheath that is definitely more weatherproof than cardboard. It takes more effort though - cardboard is for lazy guy like me. :)

    ReplyDelete