Thursday, April 29, 2010

Hobo Stove & Char Cloth

I want to make char cloth for my fire kit but first I will make a hobo stove out of a fruit cocktail can. My wife made a fruit salad so I have a can like below.



First, I remove the sticker then I prepared the tools and other materials I'm going to use.


Then I punched 6 holes around the side of the can at the bottom part for ventilation. I used the triangle can opener to punch the holes.


Next, I punched holes for the 2 coat hanger wire pot support.


Then I cut the pot support from a coat hanger and insert in the holes I just made above and voila - I have a hobo stove.


Okay, I have a hobo stove now - time to make char cloth.


Yes, my stove works well.


Let it cool for a while before you open it.


I've got char cloth. Mission accomplished!

For the sake of others who doesn't know yet what char cloth is for. It is used as tinder when making fire, for cooking or camping. Click this char cloth for more info.

Of course the hobo stove is not just for making charcloth. It can be your camping stove, you can use it at home, or you can bring it anywhere you want to go. I suggest you carry your stove in a separate bag else your things will be full of soot.

Happy cooking everybody!

That's all folks! Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment