Sunday, January 3, 2016

UTS Paraknife 4.0 with Fire Starter

I found this knife while visiting the camping section of Walmart selling for $9.82. It was listed at Amazon for $16.18 so it was like $6.36 cheaper. Needless to say I bought it, although I already have a gazillion of these pointed toys.

I made 2 modifications on the knife. First, I didn't like the Katana style orange cord wrap so I just made a simple 550 cord wrap on the handle. I am thinking of using an olive drab colored 550 cord instead. Second, I removed the serrated edge. I've never been a fan of serrated edge especially for my wood working knives. But I know a serrated edge has its own merits.


This how the knife looks like after the modifications. The blade is 3mm thick made from 440 steel.


This is the original. I think the Katana style cord wrap looks much better but the snap button on the sheath won't close because the cord wrap is bulky. I think there's something wrong with the sheath I got. Well, what you get for what you pay.

P.S.
It comes with a ferro rod attached to a magnesium rod.

That's all folks! Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment