Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Chinook Salmon

No, I'm not into fishing yet - though I'd love to. Maybe next year, I'll learn to fish the right way. Back in my country I use to fish using a bamboo stick or a long twig. No reel, no sinker, no bobber, etc., just stick, line, hook and bait. Understandably, I catch only small fishes like tilapia and gourami unlike this monstrous fish.


I'd say this fish weighs about 10 kilos. I skinned and filleted the fish and then broiled it in the oven.


And the head (we eat fish heads you know - yuck!) was made into a Filipino dish called sinigang. Sinigang is a soup or stew characterized by its sour flavor most often associated with tamarind. My brother said that when he first came to America in 1975, pink salmon fish heads are given away free. Now they cost $1.99 per pound courtesy of the Asians.

That's all folks! Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment