Friday, July 30, 2010

Slingshot

When I was young, I hunt birds using a slingshot. In our country a slingshot is every young boy's treasured possession. Using round pebbles picked up from the riverbanks, I would hunt pugo (quail)and bato-bato (pigeon) in the forest the whole day

Slingshot is easy to make yet it is a very versatile hunting weapon. For projectiles, you can use pebbles for small animals and arrow for fish.


To make a slingshot, you will need a twig with a forked branch.


Remove the bark and shape the frame so it would be comfortable to grip in your hands.




For the elastic material, I used 8 rubber bands that I knotted together, 4 rubber bands each strip, since I don't have surgical tubing or latex sheet.


The fully-assembled slingshot. The pocket for the projectile is usually made out of leather but in this one I used a nylon mesh. The elastic material is attached to the frame and pocket with strips of rubber bands.

That's all folks! Happy hunting.

No comments:

Post a Comment