Thursday, July 22, 2010

Marttiini M571 Carbon Puukko

Sometime ago, I learned that the Mora 510 has been discontinued. I checked Bensbackwoods and Ragweedforge and it is no longer listed in their catalog. Luckily, I was able to buy one last December, 2009 from Bensbackwoods before it ran out of stock.


Here's my Mora 510.

One lesson I've learned is, when you find something you want get it at once. That is what happened with the Mora Viking 640 I wanted to buy. I dilly-dallied and when I checked online again it is no longer available at Ragweedforge.

With Mora 510 no longer available, people are scrambling for a replacement. Either the Mora 511 with the fingerguard or the Martiini M571 Carbon Puukko is a strong candidate. Having the Mora Viking case in mind, I bought one M571 while they are still in stock.


My Marttiini M571 carbon Puukko. I got it from Bensbackwoods.


M571 and Mora 510 side by side. Mora is longer by a mere 1/4" although it looks substantially longer in the picture. M571 is 3 1/2" in length while Mora 510 is 3 3/4".


It feels comfortable in my hand and has a very good balance.


But this is still my favorite fixed blade knife - Mora 840mg Carbon Clipper.

That's all folks! Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment